Muscular Dystrophy UK

Luke's Army

We are an army of people united in our aim to beat Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Will you join us in our fight?
raised of £100,000 target
by 3438 supporters
RCN 205395 (England and Wales) - SC039445 (Scotland)

Be a fundraiser

Create your own fundraising page and help support this cause.

Start fundraising


We thought Luke just needed a physio. We knew he wasn’t running or climbing stairs like his brother was at his age but we certainly didn’t think anything serious was wrong. To go from that mind set to then finding out that our 4 year old had a progressive muscle wasting disease – where there is currently no cure -rocked our world. Life suddenly looked very different and it took everything we had to get up in the morning and continue being parents.

Duchenne muscular dystrophy is a rare muscle wasting condition affecting mainly boys. It decreases their life expectancy because it affects all muscles like the heart and lungs as well as the ones that provide limb movement.

The only thing that kept us positive was our doctor telling us not to give up hope because the medical advances in this area are progressing at a rapid rate with emerging treatments on the horizon. This work can only continue with the charity donations made through organisations like Muscular Dystrophy UK and all the work they do raising the profile of the disease. Our hope is that with the money raised, Luke and other boys will be able to turn around and say “I used to have Muscular Dystrophy”

Net proceeds from Luke's Army will be split with 80% of the funds will go towards research, and the remaining 20% held in trust for Lukes future care needs, which will become extensive as he grows older.

About the charity

Muscular Dystrophy UK

Verified by JustGiving

RCN 205395 (England and Wales) - SC039445 (Scotland)
Muscular Dystrophy UK is the charity bringing individuals, families and professionals together to beat muscle-wasting conditions.

Donation summary

Total raised
+ £6,941.51 Gift Aid
Online donations
Offline donations
Direct donations
Donations via fundraisers

* Charities pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.