Weʼre raising £10,000 to BRING MUSIC AND JOY INTO THAI ORPHANAGES
- Bangkok, Thailand
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
MUSIC IN ORPHANAGES
(By Grand Opera Thailand)
WE NEED YOUR HELP
Owing to the scarcity of funds for “ Music Therapy” we need your help to make this happen. If we reach our 10,000 GBP this will enable to give interactive music performances to 15 orphanages in Thailand.
Not only will you be helping these well deserving children you will also be providing much needed employment for young Thai singers and actors who themselves struggle to find sufficient work.
This is a fulfilling experience for both children and performers and an opportunity for you to help both.
Grand Opera Thailand (ltd) is both an educational and a performance company founded in 2011 by Stefan Paul Sanchez. It is Thailand’s only training and performance company of 100% highly motivated young Thai singers, actors and dancers.
Many of the singers receive their training free and on graduation are offered performance work in order to enable them to earn sufficient money to live.
BAAN GERDA CHILDREN WITH HIV
Grand Opera Thailand’s first connection with music in orphanages was in collaboration with the Baan Gerda Home (Children with HIV) in a performance of a new opera based on the Life of PI (Boy and a Tiger). The opera was a huge success with over 5,000 people in the audience at the Impact Arena in Bangkok.
FEEDING THE IMAGINATION
Grand Opera Thailand have seen the difference music can make in children's lives whatever their circumstances. However it is particularly relevant to a child who, although perhaps well-cared for, does not have the same opportunity as a child of affluence to express his creative and artistic capabilities. Not only does this greatly aid mental development and concentration it offers sanctuary from a daily life which in some cases is a real struggle for survival. Stefan, first started fundraising for Refugee Children in Hong Kong fifteen years ago and is currently involved in projects to bring clean water and sanitation to poor rural areas of Thailand; a basic healthy living standard for these children cannot always be taken for granted. In addition to sanitation, clean water and essential medical supplies Grand Opera Thailand are also committed to providing exciting interactive music projects, both classical and popular, for children in orphanages.
WHAT CAN MUSIC DO FOR THESE CHILDREN?
• Music aids concentration which is beneficial for other unrelated tasks and studies.
• Music allows for longer focus on a subject such as Maths, languages, Science.
• Music gives a sense of empowerment.
• Music develops and nurtures the creative side of the child.
• Music allows the child to be more articulate and more responsive to other learning tasks.
• The child will learn to communicate feelings through music.
• The child will be able to work within a group of his peers under guidance and will gain a tremendous sense of accomplishment and self-worth.
• Music encourages the child to work creatively within a team and allows him to express himself more freely. And to respect the feelings of others.
• Music develops empathy.
• Music is fun.
• By being in charge of a narrative the characters within an opera or musical can be explored and understood by their actions.
• Music can also lead to a future career within the music industry.
• Music, whether popular or classical, is part of an ever expanding job market in Thailand.
• For all people, not just our target group, and whether privileged or not: music is one of the most effective therapeutic processes freely available to us.
Most funds are used towards improving the living conditions and physical health of the child. Stefan is already involved with this type of work. We are asking you to provide funds to help children develop their mental and emotional capabilities. Music can help lift a child out of their environment and provide them with more choices to enrich an independent and sustainable life.
For more details of our work please go to: www.grandoperathailand.com
GRAND OPERA THAILAND IS A LIMITED FULLY AUDITED COMPANY FOUNDED IN 2011. Company ID : 0105555170725 Tel.+6621019571
Share this story
Updates appear here
Stefan Sanchez started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Crowdfunding stories like this
About the fundraiser
STEFAN SANCHEZ Stefan maintains a balanced career as an international opera singer, producer, director and teacher and has toured throughout most of the Western and Eastern world. In 1998 Stefan was made an Associate of the Royal Academy of Music for his work with opera singers
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.