My name is Sam and I am 13 years of age. I am doing this to support my mum who has Myeloma which is an incurable cancer. She was diagnosed 10 years ago (only 34 years old) in 2009 and was only given an estimation of 2-5 years to live. She was afraid she was never going to see me or my sister go to high school. Now I am in year 9 and my sister is in year 10. What a way we have come. We are going through a hard time at the moment as my mum relapsed and has had to go back onto chemotherapy and will have her second stem cell transplant in early 2020.
About 4 months ago my mum decided to do a fundraiser for Myeloma UK to add to the £125,000 we've already raised. I want to help her reach the £175,000 mark!
I've decided to do 15 Challenges before I'm 15 (15B415) and I'm going to try to make them related to the number 15, to help people understand myeloma and obviously, to raise money. Please could you help me by making a donation, helping with the challenges or letting me or my mum know some good ideas for extra challenges?
Here are 15+challenges to start:
1. Get 15 signed objects from famous people that I can auction for the charity
2. Read 15 books before I'm 15 - I don't read very much!
3. Teach 15 people who are unaware of what myeloma is, what it is.
4. Get 15 people to do a challenge with me - let me have some ideas!!
5. Bake (or get donated) and sell 15 cakes to raise money
6. Meet 15 different Youtubers and get at least a selfie with them (it would be amazing to feature in a video!!) .
7. Run 15km in 2 days.
8. Persuade 15 different businesses to donate at least £15.
9. Sell 15 roses in aid of myeloma UK.
10. 15 lots of 15 push ups in 1 day.
11. Play 15 different sports.
12. Get 15 famous people to tweet about my challenge.
13. Don't speak for fifteen hours.
14. Sell 15 things to do with Myeloma UK (key rings, car stickers, tshirts, etc..)
15. Try 15 different foods I have never tried.
16. Get 15 prizes for a raffle.
17. Get 15 cracking prizes that I can auction!
If you want to keep uptodate on how my challenges are going, please take a look at the link below - you can also find out more about my mum and her fundraising at the site:
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.