Building the Payatas Sports Center
The Payatas Sports Center will be the home of Payatas Football Club. The team can finally train regularly, in their age groups. Check out this great feature by FIFA TV to see more of Payatas FC and FFA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i80YJ-hDdyA
Payatas FC is a team of children from Payatas, home to the largest dumpsite in the Philippines, and up to half a million people. Most families survive by scavenging in one form or another - from the dumpsite, in junkshops, and from the trucks as they drive in. Many of our players are out of school and working children. They are among the poorest kids in the Philippines.
There is huge potential here. The people are hard-working, creative, and skilful. Payatas FC was started in 2011 as FFA's first project, and through this we built relationships with the community. In particular, the football program has been a huge success in helping children dream again - not least because for many children on the team joining tournaments and special trainings were the first time they'd ever been out of Payatas. Four years later, the team has won over 30 trophies and continues to show that you can be successful despite your background, that football is a way of levelling the playing field.
Players from Payatas FC have been invited to local UFL academies, for University scholarships, and even National Youth Teams. The potential is huge. Yet the players have mostly trained on the streets, or a few times at the local barangay basketball court alongside 80 other kids at once. Imagine how much better the players will be with our own place to train, how many will be able to get scholarships for University, and how many will see development both on and off the pitch.
We're very excited for the futsal court to be built and complete phase 1 of the project. We are raising P500,000 for the construction of the court, and P250,000 for equipment, security, coaching, and training throughout 2016 (please contact us for a full item by item breakdown and for our audited accounts). From there we will be hosting youth leagues and tournaments for the City and teams further afield, with registration fees, open events, and tournaments to raise the funds for the running costs after this - meaning it becomes a self-sufficient project. With the first futsal court we can therefore begin the full pyramid of grassroots development (for players, coaches, and referees). Phase 1 will therefore:
- Build a home for Payatas FC, allowing us to train everyday.
- Break the team into age groups (U6, U8, U10, and so on) and develop boys and girls teams of all ages.
- Provide a venue for youth leagues for the whole city.
- Develop coaches and referees from our players.
- Better assist in the off the pitch development of players, as team sports have long been shown to improve academic, emotional, and social performance too.
- Generate income for the running costs to ensure Payatas FC's future.
- Have weekly sessions for other sports, including volleyball and badminton, for local families.
All donations will be part of our audited accounts in both the UK and the Philippines, ensuring the responsible use of everything you give. For more information on how you could run a fundraising event and be part of the team, or if you have any other questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Land Acquisition & Title Registration: P6,500,000 (all to be raised through CSR)
- Levelling and construction of first half: P500,000
- Budget for 2nd futsal court, overall topping, bleachers and CR: P750,000
- Budget for Goalposts, Futsal Balls, and Coaches: P100,000