Hello everybody, Josh, Alice and the whole team at Social Bite here.
We have made this page for everyone who cannot attend Sleep in the Park but still wants to donate and support our campaign to end homelessness in Scotland.
On Saturday 9 December, almost 9,000 people will be sleeping out in Edinburgh's Princes Street Gardens as part of Sleep in the Park.
The event is aimed at eradicating homelessness over a 5-year period by raising money and providing people with housing, rehabilitation, job opportunities and the support they need to get back on their feet by raising funds. The other core purpose of the event is to create mass media attention and awareness, putting the issue of homelessness at the top of the public and political focus.
The statistics of homelessness in Scotland are not insurmountable. Everyone donating to the cause will be playing their part in our mission to end homeless in Scotland.
We have set ourselves an ambitious team target of raising £4m and you can help us get their by making a donation – large or small – and by adding gift aid to your donation to make your generosity go even further!
Any donation you can make will mean so much to everyone taking part and will make a huge difference. Thank you.
By fundraising together we can…
For every £100,000 we raise we can achieve the following
1) Provide 20 people with a "Housing First" support of a long term homelessness sufferer into a mainstream tenancy for a year with a dedicated support team to ensure the success and long term sustainability beyond year 1
2) Support the full service support of the Social Bite Village for a whole year, providing a safe and supported environment for 20 long-term homeless sufferers to be brought back into society with job opportunities, skills and qualifications training and a planned
transition into long-term mainstream tenancies.
3) Support the expanded capacity of night shelters to ensure that no-one has to sleep rough in the very short term (this winter)
4) A range of solutions to homelessness throughout Scotland
Donations of anything from £5 to £250 can go to support
1) Hot meals for a homeless person for 2 months with Social Bite's Social Suppers meal service
2) Support of an Social Bite Academy place which provides training, qualifications and skills to ex-homeless, no-fixed- abode and vulnerable people in our shops, HOME restaurant and partner companies.
3) A range of solutions to homelessness throughout Scotland
Thank you for your support and for joining our movement to end homelessness in Scotland,
Josh, Alice and the whole team