Thanks for visiting our JustGiving page, set up by Oxfam St Albans Group for any of our Herts Hike 2017 participants and supporters to use. Please add your contributions here!
On Sat 23 September 2017 we will be hiking 3, 5, 8, 14 or even 20 miles around the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside to raise money for Oxfam. This year we will be supporting the Oxfam project to improve water supplies in Northern Kenya.
Lack of water is a recurrent and serious problem in the arid lands of Turkana and Wajir in northern Kenya. In these areas, it is common for up to 35 per cent of the population to be suffering from acute malnutrition at any one time. Malnutrition occurs when people do not absorb enough nutrients and is often caused by drinking dirty water, as people frequently suffer from vomiting and diarrhoea. Women and girls are traditionally responsible for collecting water, and most of them walk for several hours every day in searing temperatures to access it. Oxfam has significant expertise and experience of working with vulnerable people in the arid lands of northern Kenya.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity. Tell your friends and family – they can donate online or by text: eg to give £3, text OXHH77 £3 to 70070.
Also why not consider asking your employer to get involved through Match Funding?
To set up a Your Own or a Team Page please follow these instructions to ensure all your funds raised go directly to Oxfam Kenya Project:
- Once in JustGiving press the orange "Start Fundraising" button. Log in, or set up an account if you are new to JustGiving – NB this login is essential to get to the screens below.
- "I'm raising money for" page - choose the left side "Charity" and again press orange button “Start Fundraising" button.
- "Search for the cause" page, enter "Oxfam" into the search box.
- Several “Oxfam” options appear, click on the Oxfam (United Kingdom) - 1st in the list.
- "What are you doing" page, choose left hand side, click “Organised event”.
- A drop-down list of events appears in date order, scroll down to Sept 23rd and find Oxfam Herts Hike 2017, click "Select".
- You then get your page displayed, ready for you to choose a name etc.
- Once you have set up your own page you can set up a Team Page - scroll to the end & click on the blue button "Start a Team"
You can also set up TextGiving and choose your own code for it.