Thanks for showing an interest in my JustGiving page.
On May 5th I will be running the Bristol 10k raising money for Bristol charity OFF THE RECORD (OTR), a mental health social movement by and for young people in the Bristol area. They provide free, confidential and self-referral information and support to young people aged 11-25 in Bristol and South Glos.
Any money raised will be donated to innovative areas of their work such as community hubs and other projects that allow young people to access mental health support in hard-to-reach geographical areas and in a format that is most accessible for them.
This is a cause close to me and I have seen the impact their work can have firsthand.
Thanks for your support. Wish me luck.
ABOUT OFF THE RECORD BRISTOL
- Off the Record Bristol (OTR) is a mental health social movement by and for young people.
- OTR provides mental health support and info to young people aged 11-25 across Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
- OTR’s services are free, confidential, self-referral and provide a variety of support projects to combat mental and emotional health needs such as depression, anxiety, self-harm, OCD, abuse, eating disorders, family breakdown and substance abuse.
- OTR works in schools, colleges and youth clubs to promote good mental health and provide tips and tricks to look after your wellbeing. One of OTR's projects is The Resilience Lab, a stress-busting group workshop which shares guidance on how to deal with life's ups and downs. OTR also provides specialist support for anyone identifying as LGBTQ+ and young people experiencing bullying, self-harm or wanting to campaign against mental health stigma.
- OTR sees mental health much like physical health - it needs to be looked after and maintained. You can sign up for OTR's various services online at otrbristol.org.uk, or drop-in to one of OTR's Hubs - an informal space to learn more about what we do and how to look after your mental health.
£10 buys a young person a one-to-one session with a counsellor
£50 buys a creative group workshop on understanding and managing stress
£100 buys a six-week group for young people who self-harm
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.