This time of year is the busiest at the rescue - currently they have around 140 (!) patients on site, including 38 hedgehogs, 35 ducklings, 17 young squirrels, 14 pigeons/doves, 12 small garden birds, 9 fox cubs, 6 tawny owl chicks, 3 corvids, 3 rabbits and 3 adult ducks, 1 baby stoat. (Last year they cared for a total of 1175 patients, over 600 of which were successfully rehabilitated and released.)
That's a lot of mouths to fill every day (and around the clock in the case of some baby hedgehogs, foxes, squirrels - so there are many volunteers getting up several times a night to feed!)
You can now help this amazing rescue and their volunteers in 2 easy ways:
1. donate here :) or....
2. Help them win £5000 for new facilities!
Five years ago due to huge demand in their services, they moved their facilities for staff and volunteers out of the hospital to make space for more injured animals. The "current staff room" is an old, small caravan without heating or running water so they are asking for funds for a new building to be used for meetings and breaks but also training and education.
They are in the running to receive £5,000 from the Calor Rural Community Fund towards the cost of a new building, and now they need as many public votes as possible by 17th June 2019. Please help them get there!
- Click on our project page here: https://www.calor.co.uk/…/communityfund/hart-wildlife-rescue
- Click the red Log In button and either sign in or register an account with Calor’s Rural Community Fund. Check your emails to verify your email address so you can vote.
- Once registered and verified, click on HART's project, or search 'hart wildlife' to then select it.
- Vote for them with all 10 of your available votes!