Two years ago our lives changed forever............it was Christmas 2016 and I was happy and content with our perfect family bubble, married to my gorgeous wife Gemma and with two precious children, Megan & Owen. We were spending quality family time together over the Christmas period of 2016 and in the run up to the new year. The epitome of family life and nothing we loved doing more.
Tragically, this would be our last together. Megan suffered an anaphylactic shock after something she’d eaten and lost her young and precious life, she was just 15.
Megan had declared her allergy to the restaurant that she and her friend had ordered from. This was acknowledged but no action was taken to safeguard her. In October 2018 the Owner & Manager were convicted of Manslaughter by Gross Negligence and Health & Safety offences.
We are now working hard with the relevant authorities to raise standards within the food industry and bring some positive change for allergy sufferers.
Megan is an inspiration to us, she lived her life with qualities that are quite rare in modern day society. To fill our fellow human beings with LOVE, RESPECT & POSITIVITY. And of course, to share your SMILE. Megan would offer her help to anyone in need and do it all with her most infectious smile.
Our focus now is to help others who suffer from allergies and to raise awareness of the dangers of Anaphylaxis.
I am raising vital funds for the Anaphylaxis Campaign who are the only the only UK wide charity solely focused on supporting people at risk of severe allergic reactions and they receive no Government funding. https://www.anaphylaxis.org.uk/