THANK YOU SO MUCH for clicking on my page.
I am very excited and a bit nervous to be running the London Marathon next year. TO be raising money for such an amazing charity makes it that bit extra special for me.
Here's a few things to know about me:
1. I have NEVER ran a marathon before
2. My dad had chronic renal failure - he was diagnosed when he was just 17
3. I found running a half marathon really challenging - I did my first one in June 2018
4. My dad had 4 kidney transplants in his time - all of them failed
5. I'm very competitive with myself so when I set myself a goal I will work to achieve it
6. As my dad need dialysis, we were very restricted and so holidays were a struggle. Kidney Care UK made it possible for us to have holidays and be like a normal family when I was a kid
7. I only started running in June 2017
8. My dad had to have 4 hours of dialysis, 3 times a week. He worked a full time job, was a husband, son and father to 4 children. To allow him to spend more time at home, Kidney Care UK made it possible for us to have a dialysis machine at home so we could spend those 4 hours with dad rather than him being at hospital
9. I have fallen in love with running and found that I'm not too bad at it. To be able to collaborate something I love with giving back to those who made such a difference in my life is amazing
10. My dad was my hero. By the time I step on the starting line in London, it will have been 22 years since I saw him last. I still miss him every day and I will be thinking of him (and my mom who will have been gone for 10 years) as I make my way round the 26.2 miles of London.
This challenge is a special one and it means so much to me that you have followed my journey this far. If you donate as well then an extra thank you xxxx
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.