Well, here we go again. Back in 2017 I ran my first marathon, never imagining what an incredible experience it would be - not just the training, which I absolutely loved, but also the fundraising.
I loved it so much, that a couple of days after London, I signed up for New York a few months later. Since then I have taken a bit of a break, but will be running London again in 2019, this time raising funds for Great Ormond Street.
I'm sure most of you will have heard of GOSH, but if you haven't I have included a link to their website below and, more importantly, what the funds that you are contributing will go towards.
I would be extremely grateful for anything you can give. Thanks so much in advance :)
- £568 could fund a member of the GOSH play team for a whole week, bringing fun to the hospital and helping children cope with their illness
- £1,420 could buy a portable and wearable heart monitor to track the heart beats of young cardiac patients
- £2,423 could buy a vital signs monitor, crucial for keeping a close eye on the condition of every patient at GOSH
- £12,682 could buy a defibrillator, a vital bit of kit used to restart a child’s heart if it suddenly stops pumping blood around the body
- £20,000 could fund 455 nights in the much-needed parent accommodation, meaning children and parents don’t have to be apart during their time in hospital