I have signed up for an event named "Seven Highs and a Horseshoe" and request your support in raising funds for our chosen charity, The Thames Valley and Chiltern Air Ambulance. The event is a 2 day team challenge taking place in Snowdonia, Wales on the 14th and 15th May 2011. Our brief itinerary is:
Day 1 - 23km hike:
The Carneddau - 3 peaks over 3000 ft followed by
The Glyders - 3 more peaks over 3000ft
Day 2 - 11km hike:
Mt Snowdon followed by
The Snowdon Horseshoe
Please help me and the lifesaving work of Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance by donating - www.justgiving.com/sevenhighs
Justgiving is quick, easy and totally secure. It's also the most efficient way to sponsor me: Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance gets your money faster and, if you're a UK taxpayer, Justgiving makes sure 25% in Gift Aid, plus a 3% supplement, are added to your donation.
Many thanks for your support,
P.P.S. Some facts...
- Collectively, the air ambulances are the busiest voluntary emergency services in the country
- Air ambulances work with: 35 pilots, medical teams made up of consultants, specialist registrars, GPs, emergency care practitioners, paramedics, technicians and nurses.
- On average, each mission costs £1,229, and the average spend per helicopter is £843,000pa.
- Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire (BOB) Air Ambulance is on call seven days a week, 365 days a year
- BOB can be airborne within 3 minutes, has a top speed of approximately 150 mph, and can land in an area of half the size of a tennis court
- BOB costs are on average £165,000 a month
- BOB receives NO funding from central Government or the National Lottery