Dear friends and family of Thomas Luke Chatziapostolou, you have spoken and voted to raise money for Anyone's Child for this years StashWORLD challenge.
As you know, Tom would have been 30 this year so together we are doing... THE 30 DAYS OF STASHWELL!
1. Choose your challenge. Be creative, but choose wisely as you need to commit to this daily with no excuses! Here’s some simple examples to get you going:
- Do something kind for a stranger every day
- Grow some kind of bodily hair
- Do 30 minutes of exercise every day (this is what I’m doing!)
- Do 15 minutes of learning a new language
- Cycle to work
- Give up smoking/drinking/sugar/plastic/masturbating
- Do a drawing or piece of writing
- Tom was born in the Chinese year of the dragon, so erm…. maybe you learn how to breathe fire by eating a teaspoon of insanely hot chilli sauce every day? (Give me a shout if you need some sauce!)
2. Announce your intentions. Post your challenge on the Stashworld FB group and share it on your own FB wall with the Justgiving link.
3. Keep us up to date with your progress. As usual we’ll be expecting a weekly check in to see how you’re doing.
4. Engage with the team! We’re all in this together, and doing it for a good cause so be active in connecting with your fellow challengers.
5. Push yourself. If come 30th November, you feel like you’ve got more to give and more money to raise, you can keep going until Stashwell’s Friends on the 8th December, or beyond! Maybe you’ve been trying to change something or start something for a while… now is the time.
6. Celebrate your success. We’ll all gather together on the 8th December for the prize giving, and the best knees up of the year. Points will be awarded for creativity, difficulty, dedication and more.
Some of you may already know that whilst at university, Tom studied Criminology with drug reform being a topic of particular interest. We've been looking for a way to somehow further this work on his behalf now he's not with us, and Anyone's Child, operating under the larger Transform Drug Policy Foundation organisation are at the forefront of this challenge in the UK. I hope you'll get behind this as much as he would have.
Here's some more info on the campaign:
Anyone's Child is a network of families whose lives have been irrevocably changed by current drug laws and are now campaigning to change them.
Drug-related deaths are at an all time high in the UK: 10 per day, 70 per week and over 3500 per year. Behind each figure in these statistics is a real person, and a network of family and friends left behind. There has never been a more urgent time to get drugs under control.
Through regulation we can put doctors, pharmacists and licensed retailers in charge of the drugs trade, helping to protect people from the harms of prohibition and the criminal market.
It takes enormous courage for these families to speak out and they want their stories to be heard by as many people as possible. Please help us to tell people about the project, raise awareness about the harms of current drug policy, and make change a reality.
Your donation will be used to help us to grow and support our network of families and activists. Please help to end the drug war, better protect our children and get drugs under control.