2019 marks 5 years since Oscar's death and also 5 years since we began Thinking of Oscar. In the past years we have come to realise that the lion’s share of heath care and life science funding goes to developing adult treatments and care regimes,
that are then ‘scaled down’ for children. However children are not mini-adults and have specific, complex requirements of their own.
Our vision is to accelerate diagnosis, treatment and to improve and care regimes that are specifically tailored to the needs of children. After all, although they are 20% of the population they are 100% of our future.
We do this by providing funding for the application of innovation and technology, over and above those which the NHS
is able to provide, from the small (e.g. vein finders) to larger, more sophisticated applications like the use of Artificial Intelligence.
Accordingly, we, as well as many others, will be raising money to invest in innovation and technology through a series of events in 2019.
Hannah and David will be competing in the following events:
1. April 28th: David will run the London Marathon (DC's first ever marathon).
2. June 2nd: We will both be competing in the 2019 Blenheim Palace Triathlon.
3. June 12th-16th: We will both be riding in our very own cycling event TOO500. David will be doing the full 500 Miles and Hannah will be doing the first and last days. www.too500.co.uk
4. July 20th: Hannah will take part in the Zurich 5010 Sprint Triathlon.
5. July 21st: David will be competing in his first ever Ironman, Ironman Switzerland in Zurich (3.8km Swim, 112 mile Cycle, 26.2 mile Run).
6. August 5th: Hannah will be taking on Ride London (100 miles).