The team running are Lisa Reid, Marlene Neil, Matt Wild, Laura Nash, Anna Lowe, Naomi Ledwith, Reece Thompson and Ben Reid.
As part of our critical fundraising approach a group of staff, volunteers and counsellors will be taking part in the 2023 Altrincham 10 K run on Sunday 17th September. Some of the team are avid runners, others have not really run before so this is going to be a massive endeavour. Training is underway and blisters and plasters are in full flow.
Any money raised will really help to fund our services and support our charity. Wholly funded through donations and grants every penny raised will help support children and young people, adults, couples and families in being able to access mental health and counselling support when they need it. We also offer counselling in some schools as well as key support groups here in our centre. The CFC wants to ensure that counselling is available to all, regardless of their financial situation. Through funding and assistance we are able to offer our services at a reduced cost or even free to those in a less fortunate situation. in the last 12 months we have helped over 2,000 people. Counselling should be available for all with no barriers.
£25 helps go towards the cost of a session of counselling for someone in need.
£60 helps fund a full hour of counselling.
£100 helps fund additional counselling and support.
Some keys stat's on our services:
Our clinical scores show that for people completing counselling last year:
• 84% had an improved overall mental health score
• 92% had an improved wellbeing score
• 84% had a reduction in acute symptoms of anxiety, post-traumatic stress and/or depression
• 97% had improved communication
• 87% had improved relationships
Feedback from service users has included:
• "It helped me a lot with stress, anxiety, PTSD that I had from issues at home."
• "Counselling has helped me with my anger and helped me cope with hard times."
• "It’s made a massive difference not just to me but to my entire family. It got all the family talking about things we should have spoken about years ago. I’m seeing massive changes in my mum who has cleared out my sisters’ old room, got old photos out. My sister died 19 years ago, and my mum couldn’t find it in herself to clear anything out. I’d recommend it to anyone. It changed my life."
We would appreciate any support you can give and would like to thank you in advance for your generosity.