Thanks for taking the time to visit this JustGiving page.
This is an appeal for donations launched by a Jersey-Sudanese doctor, Dirby Osman's, family to aid children and families caught in the Sudanese conflict.
Since fighting began on 15 April 2023 between the regular army and the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF), thousands of people have been killed, while hundreds of thousands more have been forced to flee fighting zones within the country as well as Sudan itself.
We have set up an appeal for Islanders to donate to a fund for the International Red Cross Committee’s (ICRC) Sudan Appeal.
Funds will be used by the ICRC to:
• Support hospitals and health facilities with equipment and supplies
• Provide emergency assistance to displaced people in conflict-affected areas
• Help families separated by conflict keep in touch with their loved ones
• Work with local water authorities to improve people's access to clean water
• Assist local authorities in providing rehabilitation services for people with disabilities
Any contributions will go along way to helping the Red Cross carry out vital work in this emergency situation.