We did it! It was an incredible day and ride. Thank you so much to all that have supported me and the other riders of Team Olive. The 100 miles flew by and the legs survived and I'll be back next year to see if I can beat my time of 5hr45m.
I think Olive would've loved seeing her daddy sprint down The Mall.
What's next years challenge...I'm thinking :)
The event. Celebrating the legacy for cycling created by the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 starts in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, then follows a 100-mile route on closed roads through the capital and into Surrey’s stunning countryside, finishing on The Mall in central London. With leg-testing climbs and a route made famous by the world’s best cyclists at the London 2012 Olympics, it's a truly spectacular event for all involved.
All monies raised will go towards the Olive Martin Brighter Future Fund which Clare and I setup to help fund break-through heart research projects at Great Ormond Street Hospital and also contribute to further advance the care of all patients and families.
Thanks to my fellow 'Team Olive' riders for their amazing fundraising efforts – it's above £13,000 and rising!
1.Anthony – https://www.justgiving.com/Anthony-Dale4/
2. Daniel – https://www.justgiving.com/DanielWGreen
3. Darren – https://www.justgiving.com/Darren-Bowles-RL100
4. Edward – https://www.justgiving.com/Edward-Hann-CC
5. Ed – https://www.justgiving.com/Edward-Walker6/
6. Guy – https://www.justgiving.com/guy-ridelondon100/
7. Harri – https://www.justgiving.com/Harri-Roto
8. Neil – https://www.justgiving.com/NeilGrun/
9. Niall – https://www.justgiving.com/NiallMcCormack-RideLondon2015
10. Nick – https://www.justgiving.com/NTDMacDonald
11. Paul A – https://www.justgiving.com/Paul-Albert1/
12. Richard – https://www.justgiving.com/Richard-MillsforOlive-Martin
13. Rosie – https://www.justgiving.com/Rosie-Holtom1/
14. Tiina – https://www.justgiving.com/Tiina-Laikko/
Olive’s story. Our beautiful daughter Olive was born on 7th June 2014 with a very complex heart condition, sadly too complex even for the team at Great Ormond Street Hospital to fix. After two 9-hour open-heart procedures in the space of a week, and another week of being fully supported on ECMO, our brave little girl passed away in our arms on 22nd July 2014, only 6 weeks after she was born. Funding research and equipment at GOSH will hopefully ensure that the identifying and treatment of babies with heart diseases or defects have the best chances of survival possible.
Thank you for your support and donating what you can.
Donate on this page or text donations by texting 'OLIV74 £amount’ to 70070.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity.