Walk for ME 2024Join team
Team fundraiser • 3 members • 2 charities
Raising money for IiME and ME Research UK
Welcome to Walk for ME 2024! The idea behind Walk for ME is that the friends and family of an ME sufferer do a sponsored walk on their behalf, hence the name Walk for ME or Walk for me. Although in recent years people have also done runs, swims and rides so you can do any event you wish!We hope that as many friends and loved ones as possible will do a sponsored walk or other event during ME Awareness month which is in May although you can also do a walk at any other time if you prefer.
Walk for ME has had walkers across England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, the Isle of Man, France, Spain, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and both coasts of America. Wherever you are we hope you will get involved.
We hope this will be a fun but poignant event. Family and friends can choose to walk any distance. It could be 1 mile, 5 miles, 10 miles or whatever feels appropriate. The whole idea is that the friend or family member is doing something that their loved one would love to be able to do but can't. We really hope that by doing this on their behalf and raising sponsorship money it will help raise awareness of this debilitating illness.
For more information please visit our website www.walkforme.co.uk
If you would like to join the Walk for ME team (and we really hope you will!) you need to do the following steps:
1. Go to www.justgiving.com and click on "make your page"
2. Either log in to your justgiving account or click "No - I'm new" to set one up
3. Search for the charity you wish to support (IIME or ME Research UK).
4. Click on personal challenge and follow the online steps
5. Choose your justgiving web address
6. Click on "create your page"
7. Personalise your page. You can say who you are walking for and why you are walking - or tailor your page for whatever event you are doing
8. Then go to www.justgiving.com/team/walkforme2024 scroll down and click on "Join the team"
9. Select your fundraising page to add it to our team!
10. You can then send your own justgiving address to friends to raise sponsorship. Any target you set on your own page will automatically add to the team target.
If you have any difficulties you can contact the justgiving support team on 0845 078 2063 or email the Walk for ME team at email@example.com.