Our commitment to accessibility
We believe giving should be for everyone. That’s why we’re committed to improving the accessibility of our website for all users, regardless of ability. We also make sure our accessibility features work for most technologies, whether you’re using a shiny new, super-fast laptop or a giant go-slow computer from way back.
Key standards and guidelines
We care about accessibility. Because of this, we put accessibility standards at the heart of how we research, design and deliver all of our new online products and services. Here are some of the accessibility standards we aim to follow:
- We aim to achieve level A compliance of World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
- Since September 2011 all new JustGiving web pages have been built using HTML5, CSS and jQuery.
We want you to have a good experience with our site no matter which browser you’re using. Our website will display and function in a standard way across these supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer (IE7 and above)
Our new page design has addressed issues such as colour contrast and labelling. Some of our older pages still need to be updated but, don’t worry, we are on the case and will update these pages soon too.
While we try to make sure all our web-based products are accessible to a wide range of users, we don’t control all of the content on our website. Unfortunately we can’t guarantee the accessibility of content managed by fundraisers, charities and companies using our products.
Tools for accessing content
There is a short menu at the start of every page that allows screen reader users to jump directly to the most important parts of the page, including main content and navigation. We hope this makes it easier for you to get where you need to with minimal searching.
Changing font size
Most browsers allow you to resize text on screen to a size you feel comfortable with. This tool is available in the menu of these browsers as follows:
- Internet Explorer 8 and 9 users (PC): select View > Zoom, and select the zoom state required.
- Internet Explorer 7 users (PC): Click on the zoom button in the lower right of the browser window and select the zoom state required. Alternatively, for older versions of Internet Explorer select View > Text size, and then your preferred size.
- Firefox users: select View > Zoom, then select Zoom in or Zoom out.
- Chrome users: click on the Settings icon > select Zoom in or Zoom out.
- Safari users (Mac): select View > Zoom, then select Zoom in or Zoom out.
We are careful to ensure we use enough contrast on the JustGiving website. But if you notice any colour combinations that cause you problems, please contact us.
We work hard to make sure all our link names are distinct and not repeated on pages.
Your feedback helps us improve the site for all of our visitors. If you have any difficulties accessing content on our website, or if you have suggestions about how to improve its accessibility or usability, please contact us.