Weʼre raising £50,000 to Build a new nursery for kids in an unprivileged village.
- El Badrashein, Giza, Egypt
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Out of my personal core belief in the universal right of quality education for all, regardless of age, gender, race, or social and economic statuses, I started to Dream about delivering high level quality education to the children in one of Giza’s countryside most dis-privileged villages and that is (El Badrashein) .
I have lived in this area almost all of adolescent years and have seen many fine, smart and witty Egyptian children who have a lot of potential and deserve to have such an opportunity, yet they don't have the access to the proper premises that provide such service.
So, I with two other partners have just started up Kids City Nursery. Basically we are aiming at introducing a new scope to education in this part of Egypt, we are trying to provide the children of (El-Badrashein) with a better learning experience, bring high quality education to their home since it is difficult for them to seek it elsewhere.
And we understand that high quality education would only be achieved if we managed to provide:
- High quality, friendly and safe classrooms, filled with interactive and creative learning tools, toys and equipment
- High quality, accredit, modern, age appropriate and culturally customized curriculum to build and enhance the children’s skills and abilities
- High quality, trained and qualified teachers that would act not as mentors to the children but as trainers to more local teachers so as to guarantee the sustainability of the learning experience for the longest time possible
- This approach has never been used by any of the schools, nurseries or any other education providers at this area before.
Egyptian children living in the countryside in general and (El Badrashein) in particular have low school enrollment and dropout rates compared to those at the cities. The reasons for that are various yet we can highlight that the low quality of education provided in these areas, the low economic benefits families gain from enrolling their children in preschools and schools, the high cost of education, and the complete lack of awareness of the importance of preschool education in these areas are some of the main reasons families don’t enroll their children in preschools or schools in general in these areas.
Thus, with Kids City Nursery as a pilot experiment of a nursery that acts not just as an ordinary babysitting facility but as modern learning hub; providing an enriching learning experience to the children at affordable prices might act as a reasonable motivation for families and parents to enroll their kids in preschool and keep them there.
We are dividing our milestones into 3 phases of accomplishment:
* Our 1st and 2nd, Milestones target, are aiming to contribute in building a new classes for the nursery in which we can accept more children and offer them the high level of education we are targeting.
* Our 3rd Milestone target will be assigned to buy the nursery furniture, prepare a proper outside playground, more games and teaching tools, in addition to salaries for the teachers we want to hire to have the exceptional experience along with the most recent tools in the education system and train the local teachers by the experienced teachers using their tricks, worldwide experience and knowledge to make the kids experience through their kindergarten years unforgettable.
Share this story
Updates appear here
Kholoud Rashdan started crowdfunding