Weʼre raising £10,000 to help fund a new skate park in the Mumbles area. All proceeds will be given directly to those responsible for managing the project.
- Mumbles, Swansea, UK
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
It amazes me that you can travel to small towns across South Wales and see better facilities than in Swansea, a city with a population of over 200,000 people and a thriving community of people who love to skate, BMX or scooter.
Here's a list of benefits a skatepark can bring to a community I have put together.
- Skateparks reduce anti-social behaviour in the community
- Skateparks can provide a safe environment for all wheeled sports
- Skateparks reduce damage to public and private property
- The use of a skatepark has significant physical health benefits
- Skateboarding has significant mental health benefits
- Skateparks have a positive economic impact .
- A public skatepark shows that the community is invested in the youth and active lifestyles.
- Not all young people want to play rugby or football
- Swansea has already produced one Olympic BMXer with limited facilities. Just think what could be possible with a significant investment into providing excellent facilities!
There are of course many, many more. Please leave a comment with any others that you can think of!
Share this story
Updates appear here
Stuart Beale started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Crowdfunding stories like this
About the fundraiser
Mumbles, Swansea, UK
I have grown up in Swansea and have wanted to be able to use a good skatepark in Swansea ever since I was 10 years old. I have been lucky enough to travel all over the world and have skated in parks across the UK, in California, Australia, New Zealand, France, and Portugal.