At JustGiving, we are committed to ensuring the lawful collection and management of personal information. We will always keep your information secure
and manage it in accordance with our legal responsibilities under privacy and data protection laws where we operate.
the fundraising services we offer through JustGiving.com. By visiting our website or using any of our services, you agree to your personal information
specifically agreed to us doing so. You do not have to provide your personal information to us, but if you do not provide certain information we may not be
able to provide our services to you (for example we may not be able to process a donation).
The personal information that we collect
If you make a donation through JustGiving.com, we will collect basic payment information to enable us to process the donation.
This will include your name, address, email address and payment card / account details, together with your unique username
and password (if you decide to become a registered user). If you are eligible for UK Gift Aid, we will also ask you to
confirm your UK domicile address as this may be different from your billing address.
If you raise funds through JustGiving.com, we will collect basic contact information about you to set up the fundraising account.
This will include your name, address and email address together with details of the charity, not-for-profit or JustGiving Project that
you are supporting. Where you create a JustGiving Project page then we will also collect your gender, date of birth, telephone number and
personal bank account details for fulfilment of the funding raised and to enable us to undertake an identity check and bank account
verification with a credit reference agency, which we will ask you to consent to. We will also ask you to register a username and
password so you can gain secure access to the account in the future.
If you use our fundraising tools to help tell your friends and family about a campaign you are running,
you will be asked to provide us with their contact details (or authorise us to collect these on your behalf
from your social networks). You agree that you have their agreement to provide those details to us. It is your
responsibility to manage your campaigns responsibly. You should only contact individuals who you know would be
happy to hear from you and must not use our services to send unsolicited 'spam' messages.
If you set up a fundraising campaign for another person, you must ensure that you have their agreement to do so,
especially if you provide us with sensitive information about them (e.g. reference to an illness or health condition).
If you create a JustGiving Project page for a JustGiving Project which is managed by someone other than yourself, you
must ensure that the manager(s) of that entity agree to you raising funding (e.g. you are a member of a sports club and
want to raise funds for a new clubhouse - you must seek the agreement of the sports club committee).
For ease, you may authorise us to collect your basic personal details from a secure online source (eg Google, or sponsor charity), where you already have a registered account.
If you make a donation through JustTextGiving, your donation will be managed by Vodafone in accordance with their terms and
JustGiving campaign page, you will be asked to contact JustGiving.com, in which case we will collect information about you as
How we use personal information
We use the personal information collected from users for a number of purposes:
- administering donations made;
- claiming Gift Aid, if applicable;
- personalising the look and feel of JustGiving.com to fit personal preferences which you have told us about, which we have derived from Cookies (see our
cookies policy), which we have inferred from your service usage, or market research about your profile;
- providing non-personalised information to fundraisers to let them know about contributions made to their campaign - this helps fundraisers keep track
of donations made to their campaigns and (where the donor is happy for us to share their details) allows them to pass on a message of thanks;
- publishing information on fundraising pages to allow donors (and potential donors) to see amounts pledged to each campaign and read
messages of support - individual donors always have the option to use an anonymous label against donations / messages placed on campaign pages
and this is something you are recommended to adopt if you are concerned about having information about your donation published on the internet;
- allowing charities, not-for-profits and JustGiving Projects who are registered with us to have visibility of donations made to them so they can:
- understand which fundraisers have established campaigns within JustGiving.com for their benefit and communicate with fundraisers in relation to that event or JustGiving Project;
- provide fundraisers with more details about their organisation or JustGiving Project (but only if the fundraiser allows us to do this);
- contact individual donors to pass on a thank you message and tell them more about their organisation or JustGiving Project (but only if the individual donor allows us to do this); and
- track the total donations made through those campaigns (but not the names of individual donors unless the individual donor allows us to do this);
- in relation to creators of JustGiving Project pages, undertaking an identity check and bank account verification with a credit reference agency;
- allowing companies to review their employees' participation in Company Fundraising activities, where you have indicated that you agree to them doing so;
- providing direct marketing communications in the form of email alerts and bulletins to tell you about developments in the services available
through our website, together with tips, news stories and competitions related to giving and fundraising for charities, not-for-profits and
JustGiving Projects - we will only do this where you have indicated you would like to receive updates and you may change your preferences and
cease receiving direct marketing from us at any time by updating your account. Where you have indicated that you would like to receive
direct marketing communications from us, we will use your contact details and personal preferences which you have told us about, which we
have derived from Cookies (see our cookies policy), which we have inferred from your service usage, or market research about your profile;
- providing service update emails regarding the JustGiving service and your specific account; and
- analysis to improve the service we offer - for example you may be asked to complete one of our online user satisfaction surveys.
Providing information to others
We work closely with a number of trusted partners with whom we need to share personal information to help us operate the JustGiving service. These include:
- our related entities around the world, as detailed in "Working with other service providers and group companies" below;
- banks and payment providers - to authorise and complete payment transactions;
- in relation to creators of JustGiving Project pages, third party credit reference agencies - for the purposes of identity check and bank account verification; and
- HM Revenue & Customs or the Irish Revenue Commissioners – but only if we need to authorise claims for Gift Aid or other forms of tax efficient ways of giving.
- have third party service providers who process information on our behalf to help run some of our internal business operations including email distribution,
IT services and customer services- see the paragraph "Working with other service providers and group companies"; and
- transfer information to charities, not-for-profits and JustGiving Projects in accordance with the paragraph above - "How we use personal information".
or where we believe it is necessary for a legitimate reason connected with the service we offer.
We understand that many users like our service because they can make donations to a charity, not-for-profit or
JustGiving Project anonymously. We respect this and will never provide information to a charity, not-for-profit or
JustGiving Project about your donation unless we have your permission to do so, which we generally obtain at the time of
collecting your personal information or where you change your preferences or your account. If you do ask us to pass on
your details to a charity, not-for-profit or JustGiving Project, you may receive further correspondence from them including
emails telling you more about their cause. Any further correspondence you receive from them will be governed by their privacy
Keeping information secure
We invest significant resources in protecting the security and confidentiality of information collected through JustGiving.com,
however, no internet-based site can be 100% secure. For more information see our security policy
which explains our particular approach to security of payment and card details.
Working with other service providers and our group companies
For operational reasons, we transfer personal information to service providers and our group companies who help us manage our systems.
Some of these systems may be located in the UK, and other countries in the European Economic Area. Different privacy laws may apply in
these countries and you agree that we may transfer personal information to these countries. We only make these arrangements and transfer
personal information to different countries where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity
and security of any information held and that the provider acts at all times in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Updating your account and preferences
If you would like to change any of your user details or preferences, for example to notify a change of address or amend your preferences
relating to the bulletins and updates you would like us to send to you, then please update your user preferences through your account login or
contact us using the details below.
Keeping your records
We keep records for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules.
Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
analytics functionality). Cookies are small computer files of letters and numbers which are downloaded onto your device and
collect information about the way in which you navigate and use the website and internet. The information provided by cookies
helps us to provide users with a more personal experience and make improvements to our service over time. Cookies do not allow us to identify
website. For more information, and to find out how to switch cookies off, please refer to our separate Cookies Page.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you think any of the personal information we
hold about you is inaccurate, you may also request a correction. You also have a right, in certain circumstances, to require us
to stop processing your personal information. In relation to all of these rights, please email or write to us at the address below.
Please note that we may charge a small administrative fee for the provision of a copy of your personal information. We may also request
proof of identity. In certain circumstances (for example where required or permitted by law) we might not be able to provide you with
access to some of your personal information, and we will notify you of the reason.
Third party sites
you should read their separate privacy policies.
please contact us via email@example.com or write to JustGiving, 1st Floor, 30 Eastbourne Terrace, London, W2 6LA, United Kingdom.